YOU can make a difference. YOU can easily rally support, get a crowd assembled, to implement a needed change or call attention to an issue or problem.
- It varies from town to town, but check with City Hall about a month ahead of time to see if a permit is required, and if one is, fill out the forms and do what you need to do to get a permit. Offering free music and/or free food will draw a bigger crowd, but the permit may require you to make preparations for that.
- Start promoting it about two weeks b4 your planned event.
- Get busy on Social Media – FB, LinkedIn, MeWe, Instagram, Twitter, and any others. Post your prepared announcement of the event, which will include the place (details, such as the 400 block of Main Street in Dover, DE), date, and time of the event, and its purpose … “Lets Cause some Good Trouble on July 17th by calling for the legalization of Pot NOW!”
- Remind all to prepare some neat, brief, easy to read hand held signs on the topic …. such as “Tell the Legislature to LEGALIZE POT NOW!”
- Send your prepared announcement of the event, which will include the place (details, such as “the 400 block of Main Street in Dover, DE”), date, and time of the event, out as a PRESS RELEASE to the top 10 newspapers in your state! Sample: PRESS RELEASE xxxxx (your name or organization) is pleased to announce a rally/demonstration at 10:00 am on Saturday, July 17, 2021, at the 400 block of Main Street in Dover, DE, to urge our Legislature to vote YES to legalize marijuana now. Everyone is invited to participate, causing “Good Trouble”, and free music and free food will be available (if this is the case). Any questions, call XXXXX XXXXXX at xxx-xxx-xxxx.
- Remind everyone to obey the law – do not litter, do not block the sidewalk or the street, and obey all lawful police commands. What did I forget? CALL me at 302-423-4067 with your suggestions on how to improve this Practical Tip!