We never would have made such progress towards sanity in our Pot laws without NORML!
Excerpts from the Article:
The Marijuana Opportunity, Reinvestment, and Expungement (MORE) Act (HR 3884 / S. 2227) is bipartisan legislation that removes marijuana from the Controlled Substances Act, thus decriminalizing the substance at the federal level and enabling states to set their own policies.
The Act would also make several other important changes. For example, it permits physicians affiliated with the Veterans Administration to make medical marijuana recommendations to qualifying veterans who reside in legal states and it incentivizes states to move ahead with expungement policies that will end the stigma and lost opportunities suffered by those with past, low-level cannabis convictions. If approved, the MORE Act also allows the Small Business Administration to support entrepreneurs and businesses as they seek to gain a foothold in this emerging industry.
Progress so far for The MORE Act in Congress:
– The bill was introduced on July 23rd, 2019
– Approved in the Judiciary Committee on November, 20th, 2019, with a bipartisan vote of 24-10
– On November 9th, 2020, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer indicated that members will vote on the MORE Act in December of this year.
– On November 27th, House leadership posted notice for Congressional consideration and floor vote on the MORE Act the following week.
– On December 2nd, the House Rules Committee advanced the MORE Act for a floor vote expected Friday, December 4th.
Enter your information to tell your members of Congress to sign on as a cosponsor and vote for this monumental legislation.