These jackasses must be tried and convicted!

“Bulthouse was arrested for allegedly violating his probation in 2019. He was on suicide watch, and was supposed to be checked every 15 minutes, Nessel said in a news release.” I have seen how this actually works! The guards sleep right through their 8 hour shifts and then awaken and falsify documents, stating that they checked on inmates every 15 minutes! It is totally frucking outrageous!

Excerpts from the Article:

There was another delay in next step for the legal proceedings for five jail workers accused of manslaughter at the Muskegon County Jail.

Paul Bulthouse, 39, died after suffering 22 visible seizures across five and a half hours, April 4, 2019, in jail cell, Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel said previously.

On April 8, Muskegon County Sheriff Deputies Jeffrey Patterson, Crystal Greve, Jamal Lane — as well as Sgt. David Vanderlaan and former WellPath employee Aubrey Schotts, a registered nurse — were each charged with one felony count of involuntary manslaughter — failure to perform a legal duty.

Patterson, Greve, Lane, Vanderlaan and Schotts had a probable cause conference April 15 in Muskegon County District Court. The next step, a preliminary examination, has been delayed twice. It was first delayed at the request of defense attorneys.

The second delay was requested Wednesday, June 23, by the Attorney General’s Office. Two of the office’s witnesses would be out of town and unable to attend the examination scheduled for July 7.

The preliminary examination is now scheduled for 10:30 a.m. July 21, before Judge Geoffrey Nolan. The hearing will take place in-person.

Bulthouse was arrested for allegedly violating his probation in 2019. He was on suicide watch, and was supposed to be checked every 15 minutes, Nessel said in a news release.

His seizures were visible, Nessel said, yet Patterson, Greve, Lane, Vanderlaan and Schotts failed to check on him or provide any medical care. An autopsy said Bulthouse died of natural causes, due to seizures he experienced in his cell.

Bulthouse died around 5:35 a.m. on April 4, 2019, Nessel said. He was dead in his cell until he was found by deputies around 6:20 a.m. that morning, Assistant Attorney General Melissa Palepu said during a press conference.

Bulthouse’s family filed a lawsuit against the county and agreed to settle the complaint on May 6, court records show. The seizures were triggered by withdrawal of prescription medication, the family’s lawsuit said.

The sheriff’s office did an independent investigation into Bulthouse’s death, which was closed it May 22, 2019. It was reopened June 12, 2019, after reports that a deputy may have witnessed part of a seizure and did nothing. The Michigan Sheriff’s Association was involved in that investigation.

The state Attorney General’s office then started the investigation in August 2019. They reviewed nine hours of video footage, more than 400 pages of medical records and numerous police reports, Nessel said previously.

The four jail workers charged in the case have been reassigned away from direct inmate supervision, Sheriff Michael Poulin said previously. All five defendants were released from jail on personal recognize bonds.

The Whole Story